Union of Catholic Mothers (UCM)
The Union Catholic of Mothers Canterbury is united with prayer, love, and care ensuring that a UCM member never stands alone. We have the following objectives:
- To help Catholic women appreciate the Sacramental character, responsibilities, and permanence of marriage, and to live in unselfish love observing the laws of God and his Church.
- To assist Catholic women to bring up their children as practising Catholics and public-spirited citizens.
- To teach and defend Christian values in family life and to ensure a Catholic education for their children.
- To offer love, sympathy and practical help to any family in difficulty.
- To foster vocations in life especially in Christian Marriage and Family Life.
Our events aim to help our spiritual life grow in a meaningful manner. Each celebration and gathering is full of joy, camaraderie and memorable moments. Everyone is welcome.
We have a monthly meeting usually the 1st Sunday of each month after the 9.30 am Mass in our Parish Hall.