We are committed to ensuring the safety and welfare of children and vulnerable adults and promoting a safe and secure environment for all. Our Safeguarding Officer is Peter Jones who can be contacted through the Parish Office.
He is responsible for:
- all Parish safeguarding issues.
- advising on whether one requires children and vulnerable adult security clearances.
- processing volunteers’ Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearances.
Under the guidance of the Diocesan Safeguarding Office, our Parish cooperates fully with the Catholic Safeguarding Advisory Service (CSAS), which aims to help the Church to:
- become an example of best practice in the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- develop a “culture of vigilance” to ensure that all in our care are kept safe from harm.
Further guidance can be obtained from the Catholic Safeguarding Advisory Service.
Parishioners with a leadership role in our Parish Groups need to be aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding. Advice and further information, as well as downloadable resources and contact details, can be obtained from the Southwark Safeguarding Office Team.