The Church is now open for quiet prayer. The opening times are as follows:
- Monday to Saturday: 9.30 to 11.30 & 14.30 to 16.30
- Additional to the above, Friday: 18.00 to 20.00
- Sunday: 16.00 to 18.00
While the church is open the Blessed Sacrament will be exposed on the altar.
All visitors will be expected to observe the following when attending for private prayer:
- Do not attend the church if you have symptoms of COVID19 or heavy cold or flu symptoms (high temperature, dry cough, loss of smell and taste).
- When necessary, stand in an orderly queue outside the church at the recommended spacing as directed by the stewards.
- Sanitise hands on entering and exiting the church.
- Make known to the stewards if you need to sit in the area reserved for those who are clinically vulnerable or a wheelchair user.
- Wait for direction from a steward before entering the church.
- Face masks are highly encouraged but not obligatory.
- Use the one-way system for access and egress.
- Enter benches via the central aisle. Sit only in designated benches.
- Access to the Martyrs’ Chapel is via the side aisle (standing only).
- Maintain recommended physical distancing at all times within the church. Same household groups may be nearer to each other.
- All visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Adults must prevent young children from wandering around.
- Only one person at a time is allowed in the Narthex for reading notices.
- No articles or rubbish should be left inside the church. Anything left will be disposed of as rubbish.
- Light only candles provided by the church and light candles from others already alight. These will have been placed in a hygienic manner by the stewards prior to the church opening. Note that sanitiser on hands must be allowed to dry before lighting a candle as liquid sanitiser is flammable and could catch fire.
- Behave in an orderly considerate manner whilst in any eventual queue and in the church.
- Be considerate in allowing movement of others around the church so that physical distancing is observed.
- Toilets inside the church are not available to visitors. The nearest public toilets are in Canterbury Lane opposite the church door (side door not main entrance).
Thank you for your understanding.