We are a group that seek to spend prayerful time in silence in the company of others.
We meet in Greyfriars Chapel on the third Saturday of every month at 9.00 am – 11.45 am. Our time together is based on a Franciscan model of solitude developed from St Francis’s document on Solitude.
The morning begins with refreshments before we move into prayer. One of our group presents a short reflection, then time is spent in solitude in the chapel and grounds before gathering for an optional sharing. Our group is ecumenical, founded within our Parish.
- 9.00 am – 9.30 am – Arrival and coffee.
- 9.30 am – 9.50 am – Opening Prayer and Reflection leading to silence.
- 9.50 am – 11.15 am – Solitude in the Chapel or grounds.
- 11.15 am – 11.45 am – Optional sharing and final prayer.
- Access to the Greyfriars Chapel is via the High Street end of Stour Street. If you would like to join us, just come along.
For more information contact Louise Beesley on 07962 256 908 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.