This 7.30 pm Mass celebrated by Archbishop John Wilson in the Nave at Canterbury Cathedral marks both the belated 850th Anniversary of the Martyrdom of Saint Thomas Becket and the 800th Anniversary of the Translation (movement) of his relics from the Cathedral’s Crypt to his shrine.
There are only 150 tickets available so if you wish to attend this service you must register for tickets using the form below. Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email with your ticket(s) attached. If you have not received this ticket confirmation email within 60 mins then your booking didn’t go through (internet gremlins) so please try again.
If you know of any parishioners that are unable to complete the form below, then please ask them to call the Parish Office so that tickets can be reserved for them or you can book tickets on their behalf.
When completing the form, please note:
- Firstly, you will need to select the number of tickets you want and then click on the red “register” button at the bottom.
- Secondly, you will need to fill in your details in the second form and when all details are entered, the “register” button (again at the bottom) will turn red and you need to click on this button to register your booking.
- If you do not receive a confirmation booking email within 1 hour of your booking then something went wrong and you will need to rebook your tickets.
- You can book up to six people for your household group/bubble (all of you will be seated together without social distancing).
- You only need to enter one “key contact” for your household group/bubble (your name and email address).
- If you need to book for other people outside of your household group/bubble, simply complete another form for that person/group using their name as the “key contact” and their email address. (If you don’t know their email address then use yours). Then print and deliver these tickets to them. Remember to check the option that you are booking on the behalf of someone else and then enter your own name.
Bookings will close at midnight on Monday, 5th July 2021 or when the Cathedral reaches its maximum capacity of 150 tickets.
This service will have a waitlist, so if the Mass is currently fully booked you can still book on the waitlist. When a cancellation happens the free tickets will be offered (by email) to the first person on the waitlist. They will have 4 hrs to book these newly available tickets before they are offered to the next person on the waitlist and so on.
- If you need to cancel your tickets for any reason please click on your “view and manage your ticket online” in your ticket confirmation email and you can cancel your tickets directly on Eventbrite (our ticket provider). Please try doing this first before emailing the Parish office as this will save everyone a lot of time.
- If you are unable to attend please ensure you cancel your tickets prior to the 5th of July which will allow others to attend.
- If you are unable to cancel your tickets on Eventbrite then please email here.
On the day, please:
- Please read the latest the Cathedral’s Covid 19 guidance related FAQs before visiting.
- Go to the main entrance of the Cathedral (Christchurch Gate at the Buttermarket, Burgate) – doors open 30 mins prior to the service so please arrive at least 10-15 mins before the start of the Mass to avoid any delays with check-in.
- Entry is via the Cathedral’s South West Door – the door directly in front of you as you face the Cathedral on entering via Christchurch Gate.
- If you have not arrived 5 mins prior to the start, your tickets could be offered to others.
- Either print your ticket(s) or have a copy of your ticket(s) ready to display on your mobile device as you will need to show them to gain entry.
- On arrival show your ticket(s) to the stewards and advise them of the number in your party to ensure a quick check-in.
- Admittance will close at the start time of the Mass or when the Cathedral has reached its maximum capacity for social distancing requirements.
- When booking tickets for this event, please ensure that all those in your party are able to sit together under the current Covid regulations.
If you do forget your tickets, don’t worry the Cathedral will look you up on their list at the main entrance but this will take a few minutes.
If you have any questions/concerns etc please email for assistance.